Five Ways Your Fitness Impacts Your Finances

Being a personal finance blogger I tend to tie everything into money management. I’m sure you noticed this with my post last week where I connected personal finance and getting laid. Today I wanted to tie in fitness and finance as a result of my newest site, Training Shark, that just went live.
I covered personal fitness on here a few times in the past: How to Save Money on Gym Membership Fees & Personal Finance Meets Personal Fitness. Today I wanted to share the five ways that fitness has impacted my finances and how this can happen to you:

1. You’ll spend more money when you first start training.

I didn’t say that fitness will always impact your finances in a positive way. There will be many times where you spend way too much money on your nutrition/fitness needs. When I first got hardcore about my training I found myself spending tons of money by experimenting with all of the various supplements on the market. I tried everything from NO to creatine, only to realize that none of it really mattered unless you ate properly. Now I don’t even take any supplements at all. When I first started working out I spent more money than I care to admit on supplements. I find that many new fitness enthusiasts will go through a similar phase. Keep your new supplement and quality food in mind as you begin with a new training program.

2. You save money by going out less frequently.

I’ve noticed that when I’m training hard I tend to go out less frequently. This means that I eat out less and drink booze less often. I’m saving money by enjoying activities that don’t cost a lot of money (hanging out with friends). When you don’t go out for food and drinks, you’ll be fairly surprised by how much money you can save.

3. Fitness keeps you focused in all areas of your life.

I’m much more focused in other areas of life when I get my intense training in. I noticed how during exam time there would be less and less people attending the kickboxing classes. Everyone had the same excuse about how they wanted to focus on their exams. The funny thing is that going to the gym is what kept me more focused. That one hour study break really kept me energized. Taking some time to push my body in the middle of mental stimulation really kept me focused. Taking care of your fitness life will allow you to feel more energized and to hopefully be more focused when it comes to watching your money.

4. Your long term health.

If you start taking care of yourself at an earlier age the odds are in your favor that your long term health will benefit greatly. I know that there are things that happen that are simply out of our control, so why not control what we can? All I know is that older dudes at the gym always stress the importance of taking care of your body at an early age to me. I try to listen to advice when it comes to my health any time it’s possible.

5. You’re not as stressed

My stress levels go down when I train my body and eat properly (this means no McDonald’s). What does this have to do with money management? Many people seek “retail therapy” when they’re stressed out. Stress causes us to become vulnerable and to do things that we normally wouldn’t do. Think of the last time you were stressed out. Chances are that you foolishly spent money or your judgment was severely clouded. When you train on a consistent basis I find that you’ll get stressed out less often.

0 comments:

Post a Comment