'Glee' star Chris Colfer: 'Who could've predicted all of this?'


(CNN) -- Chris Colfer told Piers Morgan that his mother was driving him home from his final audition when he got the call saying he'd landed the role of Kurt Hummel in "Glee." When Morgan asked the actor if he realized that the Fox series would become such a phenomenon, Colfer replied, "Absolutely not. And had I had any notion that it would become what it was, I would've been insane. Who could've predicted all of this?"
The "Glee" overnight sensation is a guest on Friday's "Piers Morgan Tonight."
"We were just passing Santa Monica Pier," Colfer continued. "And the phone rang and she answered it. And then she just looked at me with that look, and I knew I had it."
Colfer, whose 21st birthday is Friday, told Morgan that at the time he had been in college for a grand total of two weeks and was working in a dry cleaner at minimum wage. Morgan pointed out the recent barrage of magazines Colfer has graced: Cover of "Entertainment Weekly," two copies of "The Hollywood Reporter" and a spot on "Time" magazine's list of Most Influential People.
"It's so surreal," Colfer told the CNN host. "That, whenever I have a minute to myself and I stop and think about it, I get so lost in this cloud nine world that it -- it's so hard to come back down from it."
When Morgan asked Colfer when he realized his life was never going to be the same, the actor said it was "the first time I was recognized, or maybe it was the first time that I drove up to Paramount Studios and had a place for my car to go." Colfer recalled how special it was to cruise through the iconic studio gates.
When Morgan asked Colfer what celebrity icons he looked up to as a kid, the actor said that while he mostly inspired himself along the way and didn't latch on to heroes, "everyone wants to be Lady Gaga at one point or the other."

0 comments:

Post a Comment